The Four Candles – A Story of Hope
One night, in a dark room, four candles were burning quietly. The silence around them allowed them to speak to each other.
The First Candle: Peace
The first candle said, "I am Peace." But as I see the world filled with conflicts, hatred, and violence, my existence seems meaningless. I cannot stay here anymore.” And so, the first candle extinguished itself.
The Second Candle: Faith
The second candle spoke, "I am Faith." Deception, dishonesty, and lack of trust have weakened me. I feel that I am no longer needed here.” Saying this, the second candle also went out.
The Third Candle: Love
The third candle sighed, "I am Love." Selfishness and hatred have taken over people's hearts. Love is no longer valued. It hurts me, and I can’t endure it anymore.” With these words, the third candle too faded away.
The Fourth Candle: Hope
At that moment, a little boy entered the room. Seeing the extinguished candles, he became sad and started crying. "How can you leave me in darkness? I needed you!" he sobbed.
The fourth candle gently spoke, "Don't be afraid, dear child. I am Hope. As long as I am burning, you can relight the other candles."
With renewed courage, the boy took the flame from the fourth candle and relit Peace, Faith, and Love.
Life Lesson
Life is not always bright. There will be times of darkness, challenges, and moments when we feel lost. But no matter how difficult things get, if we hold on to hope, we can bring back peace, faith, and love in our lives.
Never let go of hope, for it is the light that guides us through the darkest times.